Tuesday, October 24, 2006

On the Job

Okay so I need help....

I love my job. It's not so much exactly what I do that I love, but I love my boss. I've never been in a job where I've respected my boss as much as I do here...and I've never felt so respected.

Problem:

The pay is shit!

Just before I was due for raise the company froze all wages and spending due to the fact that the industry is slowing down and we need to adjust. Prior to the freeze there were also talks of me taking on a new project that would require a company car, and an additional raise.


We are hurting financially BIG TIME and I'm being pressured to find a better paying job. In the current job market I should feel thrilled that I even have a job!

After college I had two good paying jobs....great paying jobs considering I wasn't married, rented, and didn't have any children! Though I had cash coming in, I hated going to work every day! My bosses took advantage of me and continuely expected more and more out of me. My first job out of college damn near put me in the looney bin...seriously. The second job basically ended with a shouting match between me and my boss.

I'm not a difficult employee by any means...if you ask me to do something, I'll do it! If I don't know how to do it, I'll figure it out!

So here I am in a job where I enjoy showing up! I can't say that I like working with everyone in this office...but my boss totally makes up for all that!


So with pressure from my husband to find a new job....what do I do? Do I say something to my boss? Do tell her that I'm in a bind??? Or do I apply for other jobs on the down low and if and when I'm offered a better paying position give my boss the chance to counter-offer??

No comments: