Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Plastic Surgery

If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?

Since I was in Junior High I've hated three facial features:

My high forehead- When I have bangs it's not really an issue, but the bangs are the issue. I hate having the hair in my face, and hate that I can't just pull my hair back and go...you've always got to style at least the bangs.

My upper-lip....or the lack-there-of! I can't exactly hide it, so I've come to terms with it over the years.

My Chin- From as long as I can remember I've called it my Butt-Chin. It's really called a cleaf-chin, but regardless of what you call it I would rather go on without it.


My sister-in-law works for a reputible Plastic Surgeon in the area, so over the years we've joked that I could get the "family discount!" Really, I could never imagine myself actually doing such a thing...but then again...

Literally I just got off the phone with my boss all of 10 minutes ago...and she's on her way home from getting her "elective procedure" done. By a totaly coincidence my sister-in-law actually assisted on my boss' surgery...small world. I wasn't expecting to hear from my boss, Jess, for a few days...but when she called she was her same ol' self. The pain meds were working!

Jess and I have similar body structure, she's just a few inches taller. In the two and a half years that I've worked with Jess she has always been dieting. For almost a year she had a personal trainer, but her problem areas never improved. She's had two children and the normal baby pooch women get was a constant nagging for her. No amount of sit-ups would help.

When I gain weight it goes directly to the ass....for Jess, to her boobs. She's always had a "healthy" looking chest, but her dream of a reduction is the same dream that I imagine when I can't fill out a shirt...I just WANT boobs!

Jess contimplated plastic surgery after her two neighbors (that are sisters) had breast reductions last year. Then again early this fall one of those neighbors also had a tummy tuck. Though that person had serious complications (and is now completely fine and doing (and looking) great!), Jess went in for a consiltation. After the doctor told her that she could do sit-ups like crazy and her stomach would never be near flat again...she signed on. The bonus of it all ...she has a tattoo of a sun on her lower stomach, that with two pregnancies has turned into a comet!!! The doctor was happy to announce that he could make that disappear too!!

For the next three to five weeks I'll be doing the things that Jess normally does....

Work will be lonely without her........how many people can say that?? How many people enjoy working with their boss more than their other co-workers???

1 comment:

Tasty said...

Hi there! I have a booty-chin, too! I love mine and I bet yours is adorrrrrable!! You're a fun read.