Monday, November 06, 2006

Dragging


All of last week I was dragging and I really think it was due to turning our clocks back to standard time. It's always dark! I went to be earlier and earlier each night, only to be more tired the following day. Finally on Friday I felt like myself and was ready for a fun weekend.

Friday night was night 1 of 2 to celebrate my friend's 30th birthday. Friday night we just went bowling. It was an open invite to anyone that wanted to come. In the end, it was the birthday girl (Chris), her friends' 6 year old daughter (Mari), two of our explorers (Kate & Jackie), and then Jason, MacKenzy and I. We had a complete blast! Bowling is horribly under-rated as a fun thing to do! The worse you are, the funnier it is!
MacKenzy absolutely adored it! Everyone rotated to help her as we bowled our own game. Each time she'd push the ball down the lane she jump up and yell "Yeah!!" and skip back to the machine that brings your ball back to you. Mari bowled non-stop. The way she threw the ball made all of us wince each time the ball went crashing to the floor!






Saturday night was more of an adult night. Six of us went to Uptown (Minnapolis) to Chino Latino's! If you haven't heard of it, it's a great time. Come On, their phone number is 612-xxx-PuPu! There entire menu is made up of funny names and phrases...You can order Phuket Asian Noodles! The bus boy walked around wearing a t-shirt that read, "Ah. Phuket!"


So it's not really a place to take grandma! The atmosphere is basically a high-class 70's lounge. When you walk in you're greeted with a bright orange pleather wall!


Chris is seen here attempting to eat with ChopStix.



I'm the dork laughing in the middle...

I'm laughing to hide the fact that I'm ready to punch the guy sitting next to me. His wife is on the other side of him, as he has his hand on my upper thigh!

Some menu items are:

Draino Balls
Queso Fundido
A Big Fat Cuban
Fidel's Capitalist Pig Roast
Phuket Fried Noodles
“Tune In Tokyo” Sushi Sampler Need I Say More?


After we ate we decided to hit Major's. We had no idea there was a live act, but it turned out to be the funniest thing ever! The act was a dueling piano show. If you haven't ever been, I highly suggest it! Not only do the guys play music, usually by request, but it's all tied into a comedy act that solely requires audience participation. This particular show was a little on the rauncy side, but nonetheless I laughed so hard my back still hurts today!

The guys sang everything from Elton John (while doing a great impersonation!) to Bon Jovi! Occassionally the lyrics were altered for the comedic factor which made it even more fun! We were laughing, dancing and singing until last call! The last time I heard, "Last Call!" I was working at a bar!

The best part of the night was when Chris got called up on stage! Mind you she was freaking out because the people that were pulled up before her had been coaxed into dropping their pants (they had boxers on)! We dropped one of the piano guys a note that it was "A Hot, Single Chick's 30th birthday and her name is Chris!"

All I have to do is post the following picture and no details are needed:








Yes, she is sitting on a toilet!












But this picture is pretty good...she was on all fours prrr-ing like a kitten. (Yes, my 30th is in 7 months, and I'm SO screwed!)

No comments: