Friday, December 01, 2006

Enough Is Enough

Okay so I'm having a hard time with this Kid Sleeping In the Wrong Bed escapade. My problem isn't so much with MacKenzy, she's two...but it's with Jason.

He is far from patient and it's all MY fault. Last night was a prime example of his inability to take a deep breath and realize that it's not going to be like this forever, nor is it the end of the world! MacKenzy and I went to bed around 8:30. I was going to start following the advice of a reader and that meant I was to lay with her until she fell asleep and then transfer her into her own bed once she was out cold. It didn't happen as quickly as I hoped so at 9:30 Jason joined us in the bed giving me the silent treatment. This is his way to inform me that he's angry with me. The fun part is trying to figure out WHY! I can only assume one of two things...our friend Chris came over unexpectedly and naturally it's my fault because he wanted to spend a quiet night at home. The other thing is that I went into the bedroom with MacKenzy rather than sit out in the living room with him...though he watches TV in the bedroom all the time. I guess that's only okay for him. Come On! I was watching Dora the Explorer! Not really my idea of a relaxing time!

Once he came to bed MacKenzy was still a little squirmy and I did my best to keep her close to me so as to not set him off. Within 5 minutes of him laying down with us he freaked and took her to her room. After about another 15-20 minutes of her screaming he went back in and told her she could sleep on our floor...with her mattress. She was game for that! As he set his mattress down he started in on me, "Why do I have to always be the bad guy!"

"Because you flip out and the things that bother you don't necessarily bother me!"

MacKenzy begged me to lay down on her mattress with her and to keep Jason from flipping out again, I crawled beside her. I could hear him mumbling something to the fact that I always give her her way...blah blah blah! I just ignored him and within 5 minutes MacKenzy was out cold and I climbed back into bed. She slept the entire night without a peep.

This morning when he got up she woke up but was really happy and was saying, "Morning Daddy!" with a hug grin on her face. He simply made a half-hearted smile and said, "Morning Kenzy."

I'm starting to think both Mommy and Kenzy need to get a bed in Kenzy's room. What a baby!

This isn't something new either, it all started from the day I brought her home the hospital. If you are a male or a female that has never nursed a child, you have absolutely no right to comment on anything related to my boobs or the child's eating!! And you have no right to comment on me falling asleep during the night feedings!!

Jason would get so pissed when I'd fall asleep on our reclining couch while nursing MacKenzy. He would say that I was going to make it so she wouldn't sleep on her own..blah blah blah! Looking back on it I should have said that he had to get up with me for every feeding and keep me awake if that was such a worry of his. I was exhausted, and until you've done it you have no idea how draining it is! And despite it all I will do it all over again!

Funny thing is, the sleeping in our bed thing was started by Jason...or so in my opinion it was. Jason usually gets at least one day a week where he doesn't have to go into work and on those days he keeps MacKenzy home. Over the summer they'd crawl into our bed to watch TV or a DVD together. It was quickly learned that if she slept in her room her naps were an hour or so, but in our bed they were usually about 3 hours! Daddy got a nice long nap or got some computer time. I can't say that I'm completely innocent, but truly it started with Dad.

So here we are...Jason isn't talking to me for whatever reason. And our kid's sleeping patterns are all messed up!!

Yippee for the weekend!!!

Mommy needs a break for crabby Daddy and needy Kenzy! When that happens she's be 18 and he'll finally have learned....or so I can only hope!

No comments: